Hi everyone! I’m so excited to introduce you to our guest blogger today! Jen Rawson blogs over at Pretty Little Grub and is a Registered Dietician and Professional Makeup Artist (pretty much the coolest combo ever :). We get a lot of women in our Pilates classes and physical therapy who need to go straight to work or out to dinner after their workout with us. I thought this would be a perfect topic to address this issue! Enjoy!
5 tips to sweat-proofing your makeup
While makeup and exercise can be a highly debated topic sometimes it’s unavoidable – lunch break workout, after work workout, etc. It can be challenging to get a good workout in without looking like a hot mess of makeup afterwards. Here are 5 tips to having your makeup stay put so you can return to work or go out for an evening out after your sweat session.
- Use a foundation primer to make your foundation last longer. Using a waterproof primer can really help sweat proof your makeup.
Suggested Product: Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
- Choose a longwearing foundation – look for claims of 12-24 hours on the bottle. These will hold up better after sweating than a typical foundation.
Suggested Product: Revlon Colorstay Foundation
- Use oil blotting papers to blot away excess oil and shine.
Suggested Product: Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
- Reset face with a mattifying setting powder.
Suggested Product: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
- User waterproof eyeliner and mascara to prevent smudging and racoon eyes post workout.
Suggested Products: Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof & Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes