As promised, here is my own grocery list focused on foods that are healthy and fertility friendly!
Just a few thoughts on the list:
- This is personal to me and the foods and supplements I know work for my body. I’ve done research and talked to specialists but I personally am not a doctor and can’t tell you exactly what will work for you! Overall, it’s recommended you eat a diet full of fruits and veggies, lean organic meat and low in sugar and transfats to help your body be as healthy as possible. Always check with your doctor before making changes and please adjust as needed for your specific dietary needs.
- The foods listed are ones I use everyday for easy breakfasts, quick lunches and family friendly dinners. Check out my addictive chocolate zucchini muffins and superfood oatmeal for some ideas!
- Pineapple is full of bromelain, an enzyme that has shown can help implantation of the embryo. It’s recommended to increase pineapple consumption in the last two weeks of your monthly cycle!
- Bone broth has been shown to have numerous health benefits, but I didn’t start drinking it until my fertility acupuncturist recommended I have one cup a day due to my issues of stagnant blood flow.
- I only have about 2-4oz of meat a day, and sometimes every other day. When I do, it’s always organic.
- Maca powder, cacao nibs and gogi berries have also been shown to aid fertility. I use them in smoothies, energy balls and in oatmeal.
- Vitamins and supplements are imperative when you are trying to conceive, especially prenatal vitamins with folic acid. I only use USANA vitamins and you can get them at the lowest prices here.
- I take one baby aspirin and one royal jelly every morning in addition to my prenatal and fish oil pills. Then I take a primrose oil every evening. The baby aspirin was recommended to me by my health care practitioner to help improve my blood flow. The royal jelly is to improve fertility and the primrose oil helps with hormone regulation. Again, check with your health care practitioner and do your research to see what is best for you! This is just an example of what is working best for me.